It's 2015! This entire year we are celebrating our 75th Anniversary as a parish. St. Paschal Church in West Monroe came into existence in 1940. Now, 75 years later, we are thriving more than ever.
We will have various celebrations this year commemorating our 75th. However, I want to make sure it's more than just celebrations among ourselves. Invite the Lord into those celebrations also. Don't forget to say a few prayers of thanks to God for all the blessings he has showered upon us.
God has been good to us. Let's not forget that!
Fr. Frank Coens, OFM
- BAPTISM PREPARATION CLASS for parents of children to be baptized - Wednesday, October 7 @ 6:30 p.m. in the school building.
- A ST. PASCHAL JOURNEY - a prayer & ritual celebration of our past, our present and our future - Wednesday, October 14 - 6:00 p.m. Gather in the gym for a light meal --- 7:00 p.m. Solemn procession to church for the prayer and ritual service. This is one of our 75th Anniversary events!
- HERBAL HARVEST FESTIVAL & CRAFT SHOW - Saturday, October 24 - 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL for children from ages 1 through 100 - Wednesday, October 28 @ 6:00 p.m.
- ALL SOULS DAY - Monday, November 2. Mass at 8:00 a.m. in church - followed by blessing of graves at St. Paschal Cemetery
- "EMBRACING THE MISSION" - a parish gathering with Bishop Duca - in our gym Tuesday, November 3, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- THANKSGIVING DAY MASS (November 26) at 9:00 a.m.
St. Paschal Herbal Harvest in the News!
Read about it in
Click to Contact Pat Regan
Our Mission Statement
Centered on the Gospel of the Lord, we West Ouachita Catholics are a community committed to being a positive and life-giving presence to one another and to our world - a presence witnessed by our vibrant worship, our deep love for the poor, our heartfelt concern for the spiritual growth of Catholics of all ages, and our cordial welcome of everyone we meet. We are further committed to help each church member discover and develop their God-given talents for ministry, in the imitation of Jesus Christ.